Utilization of the DORN Hands-on Programming has an immediate impact on employee health and morale. As one part of the overall approach of Body, Behavior and Environment, the goal is both immediate impact and long-term sustainability. Through education and engagement, employees become advocates of their own wellness.
These proactive steps can be further imbedded and better sustained by partnering hands-on sessions with a coaching and monitoring service. Coaching and Monitoring is an on the floor weekly service that partners with on-site safety. DORN PainFree™ Specialists are accessible to employees while at their work stations, as this creates additional opportunity for engagement and a second set of eyes to support safety goals.
Coaching and Monitoring throughout the location provides:
- A resource for employee questions.
- Opportunity to reinforce ergonomics and proper body mechanics.
- Issues are addressed in real time, reducing potential risk and movements that could create a MSD risk are corrected.
- Instant coaching on best practices at the workstation is a key tool in creating sustainable change.
- A larger employee base is reached and those employees not using the hands-on service can be empowered to take ownership of their health and safety through coaching interaction.
- The presence of an onsite health resource creates an atmosphere that encourages team and self-monitoring.
- Having a non-management resource helps foster a culture shift and strengthens participation in company safety goals and the active mitigation of risks.
Coaching and Monitoring creates and strengthens a partnership between the safety team, your wellness initiatives and the employee. Providing an onsite resource creates consistent participation and awareness in the workplace. This results in a safe and productive work environment. Increased incident avoidance increases overall cost savings. When Coaching and Monitoring is paired with Hands-on sessions, small issues remain small.
Common outcomes seen with this pairing are:
- Improved employee connection to company safety goals;
- Improved employee morale and engagement around personal ownership of health and wellness;
- Stronger overall safety culture, including both self-monitoring and team monitoring; and
- Health and wellness focused workforce.
Check with your DORN PainFree™ Specialist or your account management rep to add Coaching and Monitoring to your service package today!